Re: Moth lyrics

Okay

So I have been on hiatus from the list for a little while but now
instead of reading African women in literature, I'm deciphering obscure
song lyrics...

It should be known that I do not have a copy of ASR.  I'm working from a
live bootleg.  Here's what I hear.

I'll only post the differences I can find.

> n the ?-marked line, i think i hear the word FEAR in there, but i don't
> know... maybe "THERE'S NO SUFFERING, BUT WE FEAR THE LOSS."  but it's just
> a guess.

I think I hear:

Is the suffering you/we feel the loss?

> > ISAAC'S knife can cut away
> > All the poison. Yesterdays
> > All the anger, break it down
> > Into the ocean, let it drown
>
> i'm pretty sure about that one, but have so idea what the significance of
> Isaac is.  but, then again, maybe i'm all mixed up.

How about:

*all the anger, EASE it down*

> >?If you were to take my place in life
> >?Let me see myself in a different light
> >?If you were to take my place in life
> >??????
>
> this is the hardest one... here's my thoughts on it...
>
>   if you were to take my place TONIGHT
>   ???? TO SEE THE SHADOW FROM THE LIGHT
>   if you were to take my place TONIGHT
>   OH, NOW WOULDN'T JESUS BE SURPRISED

*maybe you should turn your face tonight
learn to see yourself in a different light
If *HE* were to take my place tonight,
ooh now wouldn't Jesus be surprised?

just thoughts...