Re: Moth lyrics

just a note, i think my breaks from studying are getting too long... i
gotta quit this.  but it's so addicting to post when i'm home from work...

Toast wrote:
>All right, I took a stab at them. This is what I hear, I'm probably wrong
>on some of them. The ones marked with a question mark are obviously the
>ones I'm most unsure about. It's no more than a starting point.

good start... i'm adding what i think (in CAPS), and if anybody else
knows... well, post. :)

> Same old question without words
> So familiar, seldom heard
> If I answer I'll confess
> I am only just a guest
> And with my eyes it's hard to see
> And with my ears it's hard to believe (THAT)
> If I ever lose my will to live
> It was me I could not forgive

> There's no savior hanging on this cross
>?There's no suffering we feel but loss
> This is closer than I ever came
> Just a burning moth without a flame

on the ?-marked line, i think i hear the word FEAR in there, but i don't
know... maybe "THERE'S NO SUFFERING, BUT WE FEAR THE LOSS."  but it's just
a guess.

> ISAAC'S knife can cut away
> All the poison. Yesterdays
> All the anger, break it down
> Into the ocean, let it drown

i'm pretty sure about that one, but have so idea what the significance of
Isaac is.  but, then again, maybe i'm all mixed up.

  AS FAR AS EAST IS FROM THE WEST
> I let you know and I know it's best
> And my answer to the years of strife
> Is the way I chose to live my life

pretty sure about that one...

> There's no savior hanging on this cross
>?There's no suffering we feel but loss
> When there's no one else around to blame
> YOU'RE a burning moth without a flame

just a small change... YOU'RE instead of JUST. and for the second line, see
above.

>?If you were to take my place in life
>?Let me see myself in a different light
>?If you were to take my place in life
>??????

this is the hardest one... here's my thoughts on it...

  if you were to take my place TONIGHT
  ???? TO SEE THE SHADOW FROM THE LIGHT
  if you were to take my place TONIGHT
  OH, NOW WOULDN'T JESUS BE SURPRISED

missing a word at the beginning of line 2.  after reversing the CD 4-5
times- i gave up on it.

> There's no savior on this cross
>?There's no suffering we feel but loss
> This is closer than I ever came
> Just a burning moth without a flame

> It's an offer that you can't refuse
> It's a trophy that you want to LOSE
> You'll do anything, you'll do anything
> Just a burning moth without a flame

for some reason i think she's saying LOSE here instead of USE.

anybody have a better stab at it...

Dan

NP: hmmm... shall we say... "MOTH"...

+--- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web ---+
      dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
     "Shakespeare was known to have bad breath..."
+---               Nuno: "Garbage"                  ---+