Re: Moth lyrics

> on the ?-marked line, i think i hear the word FEAR in there, but i don't
> know... maybe "THERE'S NO SUFFERING, BUT WE FEAR THE LOSS."  but it's just
> a guess.

I've only heard it live, but I always thought the line was:

  "It's not suffering we fear, but loss."

> > ISAAC'S knife can cut away
> > All the poison. Yesterdays
> > All the anger, break it down
> > Into the ocean, let it drown
>
> i'm pretty sure about that one, but have so idea what the significance of
> Isaac is.  but, then again, maybe i'm all mixed up.

Considering the other biblical allusions ("As far as east is from the
west," "...Jesus..."), I'd say this might be the knife Abraham weilded to
sacrifice his son, Isaac.

Just a thought,
jnf

Follow-Ups: References: