Re: Moth lyrics

jnf wrote:

>> on the ?-marked line, i think i hear the word FEAR in there, but i don't
>> know... maybe "THERE'S NO SUFFERING, BUT WE FEAR THE LOSS."  but it's just
>> a guess.
>
>I've only heard it live, but I always thought the line was:
>
>  "It's not suffering we fear, but loss."

ok.  i agree, that sounds closer to it.  at least i was right about the
"fear" part... :)

>> > ISAAC'S knife can cut away
>>
>> i'm pretty sure about that one, but have so idea what the significance of
>> Isaac is.  but, then again, maybe i'm all mixed up.
>
>Considering the other biblical allusions ("As far as east is from the
>west," "...Jesus..."), I'd say this might be the knife Abraham weilded to
>sacrifice his son, Isaac.

yeah, i thought about that, but i guess i was thinking about any stories
where Isaac used a knife, not the other way around (knife almost used on him).

i'm still kinda wondering how that deals with poison yesterdays... :)  it's
a beautiful song.  cryptic, but beautiful.

Dan

NP: Mourning Widows - Mourning Widows  (Nuno Bettencourt is my hero...)

+--- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web ---+
      dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
     "Shakespeare was known to have bad breath..."
+---               Nuno: "Garbage"                  ---+