Re: bootlegs, yada, yada

Candace Elder <CElder at providence_mb.ca> sez:
>Okay, so here goes another round of "hey did anyone tape the show"?

I thought that was Toast's game.

>And, here to start off the show is Candace the Canadian.

Surely you can find a better label with which to identify yourself.  ;-)

>This is her typical whiny rendition of "I never get to see Over the Rhine".

Here comes the flood.

>Um, hi, um, like, um, I've only been able to see OtR once, and um, this was
>when they opened for the Cowboy Junkies in um, Winnipeg, um, last August.
>Not only was August a long time ago, but, um they left uh, Brian, um behind,
>so...um, that would mean in the (counting slowly on fingers) 5 years that I
>have been enamoured (too big of a word), I mean, like totally been in love
>with this band, the only time I have heard Brian like live, on stage, was on
>the Serpents and Gloves video.

Brian wasn't there in Winnipeg?  Oh wait - you mentioned that.   To hear some
great Brian performances, check out the Monk boots on my FTP site.  ;-)

>So...if there is a kind member of the human race who was at the Bogarts show
>last Friday and just so happened to tape it, I would love you all the more
>than I already do.

Hmm...Well, I didn't tape it.

>If not, maybe I'll take the 20 hour road trip someday...

Stop by for breakfast.  ;-P

>PS  Thanks for the reviews!  jnf, thanks for making me laugh!

Not too shabby a review from jnf, considering he wasn't there at all.
--
NP: Dead Can Dance - _Spiritchaser_
From the notebooks of Lazarus Long (1916-4272):