Re: Happiness

> although I don't know any of you, and am still relatively new to this list
> (3 months), I am happy for all of you that went to Canal Street

You're longer here, than I Miss Dana, so don't feel too new.  :-)

> I don't think that I've ever read such poetic and emotion-driven accounts
> of a show.

Yeah, I was very happy to have read them, even having been there.  At times
in the readings, it seems like we were all at very different places.  In
actuality, we were.  That was part of my sarrow, that I could not crash in a
commonal hotel room and eat breakfast at Friendlies AND go to that much
vaunted meal of toast.

> It is amazing, I wish that I could have been there too, but your energy is
> enough, and, in a way, I guess that I should not have been there--

Why should not have?

> One day, the band may come my way, but Nashville is still two days away and
> so is Dayton. . .

We had people who flew from CA.  There was a couple that drove from
Wisconsin.  I don't know where you are, but it can't be that much further.
Well... technically it could, but....

> The sad part too is that if they ever do come this way, I will still not
> meet any of you, and will still be somewhat removed.  I doubt that most of
> you would drive down here to catch them

I beg to differ.  I'd be more than willing to take Yz and Linds and whomever
else I could stuff in my car from out here and drive for a day.  I'm mad and
crazy like that.  The problem is time off of work, that's all.  It seems
that you are in the west, and if that is true than some of the people who
came would be closer to a show around you than they were to the Dayton show.
If a show ever does come to your area, please let me know and my little
voice will try to get something to happen.  Everyone should be able to share
in the joy of a listie gathering.

> you.  Your creative, lyric "ramblings", flow as one long account, and
> because of your writings, I know what it was like to be there--

To quote the automatic doors in Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, "Glad to
be of service."

> Thank you

You're welcome!
Gardner McPherson
--
Doris-  Do you have many friends Benjamin?
Ben-  My mom says I will in college.

- Safirstein (Waterworks)