Re: @@@Re: Introduction

scott ulrich wrote:

> Hmmm... The movie _The Shawshank Redemption_ was based on Kings short
> story _Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. I've never personally
> read the story but the movie kicks ass. A friend who did read the story
> said the movie was better, ITO.

It is really good. But it's also _really_ similar to the short story
(actually, I think this one's referred to as a "novella"). Like even down to
having the exact same last lines, and a lot of the same dialog. They did
manage to make an Irish guy black, though...

> Never seen Pet Sematery. Own the book, but haven't read it either.

Good book. B-movie at best. Just finished King's latest, _Bag of Bones_ last
night. Really pretty good. Sad, though. Really melancholy book. <Lloyd
Christmas> I liked it a lot... </Lloyd Christmas>

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins