Re: Introduction

Mr. Emery wrote:

> >books usually *are* better than the movie. Forster espoecailly- he's
> >so psychological.
>
> I've yet to see a movie that surpassed the book.   Ever.

I'd say the film version of _The English Patient_ topped the book. Probably Stephen King's _Misery_
as well. Just a couple right off the top of my head. But generally I agree with Chris on this one...

> >> Favorite Bands:
> >> Obligatory OtR; Radiohead; The Sundays; Indigo Girls; Sarah Mchlachlan
> >> (oops, misspelled that one and this program does not allow for
> >> backspacing); Tori Amos; Beastie Boys; Old Smashing Pumpkins; Old U2;
>
> Wow.   Lindsey, you have *such* great taste!   Now just tell me that
> _The Bends_ is your favorite Radiohead.

:)>  She probably would if _OK Computer_ weren't so much more textured and interesting...

> > you should really give "new" U2 a chance. be brave.
>
> Eh.   I gave up on 'em after _Achtung Baby_.   _Zooropa_ and
> thereafter held no interest for me.

_Zooropa_ is about half good. _Pop_ is great, though, imo.

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins