Re: Introduction

Dancing on a volcano, john davis <hellomynameisj at yahoo_com> said:
>---frillln at wku_edu wrote:
>> Favorite Books:
>> Contact, Carl Sagan: much better than the movie; Wuthering Heights,
>> Emily Bronte: guilt, sin and revenge (all the good stuff); Stranger in
>> a Strange Land, Robert Heinlein; A Room with A View, E.M. Forster:
>> also much better then the movies;  that about does it...
>
>books usually *are* better than the movie. Forster espoecailly- he's
>so psychological.

I've yet to see a movie that surpassed the book.   Ever.

>> Favorite Bands:
>> Obligatory OtR; Radiohead; The Sundays; Indigo Girls; Sarah Mchlachlan
>> (oops, misspelled that one and this program does not allow for
>> backspacing); Tori Amos; Beastie Boys; Old Smashing Pumpkins; Old U2;

Wow.   Lindsey, you have *such* great taste!   Now just tell me that
_The Bends_ is your favorite Radiohead.

> you should really give "new" U2 a chance. be brave.

Eh.   I gave up on 'em after _Achtung Baby_.   _Zooropa_ and
thereafter held no interest for me.

>>I would truly love to sing, but fear is paralyzing.
>
>again, be brave.

Yeah...I don't let sucking at everything stop me from doing anything.

>and welcome to the list. watch out for falling apples. gravity pulls.

Gravity attracts would be more accurate.  </nitpick>

--
NP: Dada - _Puzzle_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery

Follow-Ups: References: