Re: the violet burning (no OtR)

Paul Christian Glenn wrote:

> >Some of you mentioned you like the violet burning.  Does anyone have any
> >info on their first albums "chosen" and "strength"?  I'd love to get a
> >hold of them, but they're no where to be found (?)
> >By the way, has anyone heard the new one: "demonstrates plastic and
> >elastic" ?  I hear it's good. . .
>
> I have "Chosen" on tape (I would love to have it on disc, though).  It's a great record, very moody and well-produced.  I used to
> have "Strength" on CD, but I hated it (it seemed to be very pale in comparison to the debut), so I sold it.  That was, like 5 or 6
> years ago, I guess.

*gasps* You're serious? I mean, I know it's each to their own, but this is one of the finest worship-based records in history, imo.
"The Song of the Harlot" is worth the purchase price, imo. Or, at least, it would have been back when it was available.

> I don't know anything about the new record - does anyone know if it's the same lineup?  Anybody know what the
> sound is like?

The first two are the only ones with the same lineups. The band members were all Vineyard people (three bros. named Sean, Scott, and
Lonnie Tubbs, if I remember right). The self-titled featured a new guitarist named Jeff Schroeder and Andy Prickett from the Prayer
Chain also on guitar, with Jason Pickersgill on bass (he's designed a whole ton of stuff in the Christian alt realm - the Chain's
_Mercury_, the first three Starflyer CDs, Stavesacre, the newest Honey CD) and I'm not sure who on drums. The last CD is Michael
Pritzl on a whole lot of stuff with Herb Grimaud of Raspberry Jam on bass, Michael Kalmar on drums and Robbie Farr on guitar. And I
wasn't very impressed with the last CD. It's got drum loops and stuff, which normally I like, but the sound is just kind of fake. it
was just a really big letdown after the self-titled CD (which is totally gorgeous if you can find it). HTH

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins