RE: the violet burning (no OtR)

>>Some of you mentioned you like the violet burning.  Does anyone have
>>any info on their first albums "chosen" and "strength"?  I'd love to get a
>>hold of them, but they're no where to be found (?)
>I have "Chosen" on tape (I would love to have it on disc, though).  It's a
>great record, very moody and well-produced.  I used to have "Strength"
>on CD, but I hated it (it seemed to be very pale in comparison to the
>debut), so I sold it.  That was, like 5 or 6 years ago, I guess.  I don't
>know anything about the new record - does anyone know if it's the same
>lineup?  Anybody know what the sound is like?

I still have my (autographed, no less..) cassettes of Chosen and Strength
and would absolutely kill for CD copies.  Chosen was probably the first
(IMO) truly inventive (i.e., having no analogue in the secular market)
alternative album to hit the Christian music scene and Strength still moves
me to tears with its powerful tales of grace and redemption, much as it did
live (still one of my fav shows of all time).  My only regret with them is
that I'd not yet discovered the proper chemical filters with which to
appropriately (?!) enhance the experience back when they were touring in
their first incarnation.

I haven't yet picked up their newest, but their self-titled third album from
a year or two ago was quite enjoyable.  Nothing near the brilliance of the
first pair, but still much worth owning.

Ah well, enough parenthesis for the time being.

matt