Monk + more info.

Had fun at the Monk show.  Good seeing lots of ya (Shelly, Jeff (toast),
Scott U, Evan, Ron Brickley, Damian, Mr. Emery, Lisa W, Shannon, Carol,
Charlotte, I'm sure I'm forgetting some).  Nice getting the elusive
Patience hat (easily one of the coolest things I have now).  I think
they should make some GDBD ones (same colour as the CD, with the gorilla
on the front and center and "Good Dog Bad Dog" written on the back with
the rat).

Monk played tons that I won't remember, but something like this:

First part:
Silent Night -- very cool experimental type through echoplex (put down
bass line, then overlayed lead line, then e-bowed harmonies) with tabla.
Angels we have Heard on High
Ring Out
She Don't Know How to Lie (don't remember title of this cover song)
another Hush moment (tattoo?)
Willoughby

Second part:
Circle of Quiet
One Eye Open
Unknown Christmas original -- something he said he wrote circa DNotY,
but nothing "to get excited about".
Within Without (REALLY good seeing this again)
Melancholy Room
This Train

Encore w/ the Brian Kelley guesting:
Little Wing
That's my Love

Playing with Ric was the tabla player, another guitarist (same as the
radio show), the ever astounding Josiah Wolf, Wade Jaynes on bass (quite
talented and funner than the times I'd seen him with OtR, and it was his
first Monk appearance).

Mr. Jack Henderson was in attendance prior to the show, in the lobby,
but I didn't see him in the audience during the performance.

I spoke with Mr. Kelley a little before the show, asked about the state
of the OtR demos.  He said Linford is working on them now at home (new
material) and he hasn't yet heard it or played anything.

Bruce