Re: SNtR, OtR

> btw, does everyone know that Leigh Nash of SNtR lists OtR as one of
her
>  influences?  I think this is a hopeful thing.  I hope Leigh's voice
>  matures.  One of the thing I like about Karin's voice is that she
actually
>  sounds like an adult woman singing.  Too many female singers today
have
>  this little girl quality that makes me nuts.

Really? That's probably the one thing that makes OTR an oddball in my CD
collection. Don't get me wrong....Karin's voice is beautiful! But I
think Leigh Nash and Harriet Wheeler have the most beautiful voices
ever. That little-girl quality is *exactly* what I'd chop off an arm
for! Not to bash anyone, but what is it about that quality that drives
you nuts? I mean, like Gwen Stefani is annoying, I'll give you that.
Hehehe...

i think leigh's voice has regressed from _fatherless..._ era to _this
beautiful mess_ / _tickets..._ era to the self titled. but they're also
selling more records, so maybe that's what folks like.

Folks definitely like...why do y'all think Natalie Imbruglia is selling
so many records? She's not just a model, she looks and sounds like she's
12. And Jewel *shudder*...And I do agree about Leigh's voice regressing.
I was listening to FATW the other day and when "Falling Leaves" came on,
I was like..."She never belts like that anymore"...

reluctant possessor of a voice older than she is,
                                             jillian <><