Immature Voices and Jonatha Brooke (no otr)

Jillian spouted:

>Folks definitely like...why do y'all think Natalie Imbruglia is selling
>so many records? She's not just a model, she looks and sounds like she's
>12. And Jewel *shudder*...
>
>reluctant possessor of a voice older than she is,

I hope you wish to possess a less mature voice because *you* like it, and
not because everyone else does.

I have a lot of different types of CDs, with many different types of music.
 I listen to *gasp* mainstream.  I like Jewel, Alanis, Natalie Imbruglia.
I also like things *not* in the mainstream.  Like Sam Phillips, Over the
Rhine (although someday we may have to lump them in the *other*
category...what horror!), October Project, and *old* Paula Cole.

Personally, I'd prefer to have a voice with power and maturity behind it,
like Karin or Mary from October Project.  But that's just me.

She then continued in her next e-mail with:

>I will now let you know that you are fully redeemed and saved my career
>story due to your playing of this album. *grin* Jonatha Brooke is
>amazing and wonderful...and although IMO _10 Cent Wings_ is better, this
>one is just as amazing!

The reason why you think _10 Cent Wings_ is better than _Plumb_ is probably
because on _Plumb_ Jonatha was pretending like she was still a part of The
Story after Jennifer Kimball split.  _...Wings_ is probably a more mature,
more together sound for the new Jonatha Brooke.

I still think the best part of Jonatha's music were those gorgeous
harmonies...  The simplicity of some of their songs *love is more thicker
than forget*, *in the gloaming*, *over oceans* was such a far cry from the
norm...

And they were such nice people, too.  They sat there and listened to my
mother ramble on and on about how I sing, too...*rolls eyes*  I guess they
understood.

Oh, well, I still have Patty Larkin.

*hugz and kisses*
Jessyka