Re: surprise and disbelief

feodor w von barnau sythoff wrote:

> what exactly is the point of this whole thing?

I don't know.  I'll let you know when I finish reading it.

> i just recently started
> getting it, and i'm practically disgusted.

You should be more than "practically".

> i guess i had the vain
> assumption that there would be intelligent discussion regarding the best
> band in the universe

I didn't know this was a Sonic Youth list.oops you meant otr

> , and issues that directly effect them.  somehow i
> fail to see the connection of alanis morisette(she's a phony, annoying,
> little wench, case closed)

says you

> and over the rhine.  likewise does tetris, gay
> dolls, and sam philips have absolutely nothing to do with over the rhine.

a) yesb) no
c) I'm not sure
I always vote "c" for anything pertaining to this list.

>  i think we should direct this list to issues of real importance, like
> wishing to high heaven that rick would come back.

That sounds about as wasteful of my time as anything else, why not?

> anyway, my experience
> thus far with my fellow fans has been a mite distasteful, but i hope they
> can prove otherwise in the future.

They'll surprise you, that's for sure.

But seriously, I hope you don't take offense to me poking some fun.
I think there have been some pretty awful tangential issues explored
recently
but I think there's more of "them" than there are of "us" and
I've been on this and other lists long enough to know that "delete" is the
answer is most cases.
But, on the other hand, there really isn't much going on with the band
right now that hasn't been hashed and re-hashed for months on end, so I
appreciate some of the levity.
I would like some new otr news as well but there doesn't seem to be any, you

might want to check back in a couple months or around the time of the Emery
show
when things will swing back into focus on the band.

One more thing, Ric isn't coming back to otr and I'm pretty glad about it.
Sure, I love the old sound better than anything back when otr was the "best
band in the universe".  I love Ric's musical personality as much as anyone
and I'm
getting over my bitterness finally, but if you want more Ric--check out
Monk.
It's a better place for him.

Anywho, what was the point of this whole thing?

Ron

np--Cocteau Twins--Heaven or Las Vegas

Follow-Ups: References: