Re: surprise and disbelief

In a message dated 11/9/98 2:18:45 PM, sillyboys at juno_com wrote:

<<what exactly is the point of this whole thing?  i just recently started
>getting it, and i'm practically disgusted.

Then you really needn't stay, need you?

>i guess i had the vain
>assumption that there would be intelligent discussion regarding the best
>band in the universe, and issues that directly effect them.  somehow i
>fail to see the connection of alanis morisette(she's a phony, annoying,
>little wench, case closed) and over the rhine.

Don't hold back-- tell us how you really feel.

>likewise does tetris, gay
>dolls, and sam philips have absolutely nothing to do with over the rhine.
> i think we should direct this list to issues of real importance, like
>wishing to high heaven that rick would come back.

In the first place, Ric (at least do him the courtesy of spelling his name
correctly) is doing quite well with Monk. And OtR is doing quite well without
him, or they were Saturday night.

In the second place, if you'd bothered to stick around the list a while, or
read the archives as the introductory e-mail you probably got told you to do,
you'd know that we frequently discuss "issues of real importance" as you call
them. However, since most of us have been here quite a while and have gotten
to know one another, we also frequently bring up topics of interest to see how
our fellow listees interpret them. It's led to some fascinating discussions
around here on a wide variety of topics, including books, music, and
philosophy. If all you want to do is ingest information on the band, I'd
suggest the announcement list.

>anyway, my experience
>thus far with my fellow fans has been a mite distasteful, but i hope they
>can prove otherwise in the future.0-p98(my cat just walked across the
>keyboard)

Then erase it. I'm not even sure I want to read what you have to say, much
less your cat. You certainly have a way of introducing yourself-- do you
frequently walk into discussions and tell all the participants you find them
disgusting and distasteful?