Re: Chris' Response

chris (mr.) emery says,
>I've also noticed that GDBD appeals more to girls. (and guys like jg)

LOL!    that'll put some nice thoughts in peoples' heads.   for me, it's a
toss up between GDBD and Eve.  I could swing both ways here.  i could bed
down with Jack ('s valentine) as easily as Eve.  if i feel like AC, i turn
to Eve, if i'm feeling more DC, i'll go with GDBD.  they both turn me on.
it wouldn't seem fair to exclude one, i'd only get 1/2 the pleasure.

what'dya mean you try and try, but just can't get through good doggie?  how
tough can it be,  even if it's your least favourite?  i have a least
favourite too,  probably patience,  but still (oh, sorry jessyka!!) but
still i ~enjoy~ that album and it's a pleasure, not a chore to sit through.
try harder, buddy chris.   or let's extrapolate...the new album they're
working on gets released, and it's more doggie-style than Eve-style,  as i
figure it will be.  Gonna get on board,  or gonna go away to greener
pastures,  or be like those yukky contemporaries of mine who still have a
constant appetite for Boston, Bad Co. Lynyrd Skynrd, et al,   and pretty
much tune out anything made on or after the time when "modern rock"  or "new
wave"  or whatever they tagged it back then?    If you stop enjoying OtR
post-Eve, it'll be just like us Boomers who can't step away from their
"classic rock" stations, except we'll have to  time-shift to allow for the
difference in years between people your age and the people i'm talking
about.  the idea remains the same, however.  something like "living in the
past"

i can't believe i just glossed over that when i read it yesterday, but it
struck me at work today what you said.  Not that OtR is some kind of god to
deify or blaspheme.  you may like or dislike anything you want.  it just
seemed like a rather extreme position to take on our favourite.....oh, wait,
i take it all back.  i just thought of R.E.M.  and how anything from
(inclusive) Out of Time is kinda throw -away in my opinion.  ( Dearly
Beloved, on the other hand finds the post-Out of Time albums to be her
favourites.)    Well, still,  they aren't unlistenable,  and i'm not finding
myself forced to eject 'em.   (just gimme __document_ or __dead letter
office__ anytime).

hope we don't lose you in a few months, Chris.

jg

np:  michelle shocked  __short sharp shocked__