Re: (fwd) Altenative music (no OtR)

bink meister wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 02:53:08 -0600 Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net>
> writes:
>
> >Yeah. Sort of. I suppose that's pretty accurate. I mean, as far as I'm
> >concerned, I'll lump Emmylou Harris in with Rancid. Why? Because they
> >make
> >really good music that isn't heard by the masses, even though they're
> >not
> >necessarily the same style.
>
> i always thought that Lawrence Welk and Gang Of Four would make a good
> act together...

Well, not Emmylou and Rancid, like, _together_ or anything like that. I can
just remember taking Emmylou's CD out of the player and putting _Life Won't
Wait_ in, and thinking that was kind of a cool contrast. Gonna see Rancid in
Denver on Tuesday, just as a side note. Yay!

> >So, I guess we're agreeing. I guess it's
> >me that
> >needs to give Binky's crack pipe back now...
>
> so *that's* where it went!

Sorry dude. I didn't realize I still had it... :)>

> (say no to crack. pull up your pants)

A pretty wholehearted "ew!" on that one...
Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins