Re: (fwd) Altenative music (no OtR)

Chris Emery forwarded Jessyka's rantings:

> >It's the same thing as non-conformists.  Body piercings and tattoos and
> >wacky hair colors are supposed to promote someone's independence from
> >society, yet the people who get these, in wanting to excommunicate
> >themselves from the rest of society, have formed they're own society.  Yet,
> >they consider themselves individuals.  *confused*

<Brian from _Monty Python's Life of Brian_>Think for yourselves! Be individuals!

</Brian from _Monty Python's Life of Brian_>

<huge crowd all at once>
Yes! Individuals!
</huge crowd all at once>

> I think that the true
> >individuals are those who feel free to conform to more than one type of
> >society, and the true alternative music is comprised of bands and artists
> >that the general public are not exposed to.  Does this sound like a
> >realistic definition?

Yeah. Sort of. I suppose that's pretty accurate. I mean, as far as I'm
concerned, I'll lump Emmylou Harris in with Rancid. Why? Because they make
really good music that isn't heard by the masses, even though they're not
necessarily the same style. So, I guess we're agreeing. I guess it's me that
needs to give Binky's crack pipe back now...

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins

Follow-Ups: References: