Re: U2 and nostalgia value (absolutely no otr)/ trendy music / rachel's threats

Jillian Tully wrote:

> Yeah,I still don't know what to make of this whole swing craze...I'm
> straddling the line between non-conformist and anti-conformist at the
> moment,mostly because I work at *the* local coffee shop,therefore
> everything trendy must pass through. I still listen to my swing
> records,but in the privacy of my own home. :) I mean,I didn't give up on
> Sarah McLachlan when she suddenly became big-time with the Lilith Fair
> and her new look and all...

The new swing stuff is mostly punk kids/bands that are hopping on the new
bandwagon like they did with ska two years ago. At least the kids here,
anyway. Royal Crown Revue and the Cherry Poppin' Daddies both I've heard
used to do the punk thing. Ick. If I want swing, I'll go back a few years,
thanks. Just my $.02.

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins