Don't speak... the words come out your eyes.

The GMA show.  It was definitely better than the Letterman spot, but I
didn't even pay much attention to the Cow-- what's their name?

I jumped out of my seat with joy when I saw Linford's hands there on
national television.  And during "Hollow as a Bone", I was pointing and
being thrown into the air again with excitement while watching Karin
watch the unflinching eye that was letting the country see her fight to
hold back that smile.  She had to look down, and I thought, "Karin, let
us see how happy you are to be there."  Then she looked up again and
there it was.  That infectious smile.  Brief, for she almost missed her
cue, but that was a sight I'm glad to have seen.

And hearing the words "Over the Rhine" made me QUITE giddy.

A part of me likes that they're not a pop-radio jewel or a VH-1 trinket
because I like feeling as if I know a secret.  Like the CD jewelboxes
are just that - containers for this hidden treasure my mind clutches
like a child with a cherished toy.

Let the whole world drift downstream.
We'll always be different.

But I beam when I see them grow into different branches of success.  And
if mainstream stardom were an important pursuit for them, then I'd cheer
just as loudly as I do now.  I'd still lose my breath when listening to
Bothered.  I'd still lose my heart to June.  And I'd still feel that I
was in on a magical secret.  Even if every other person felt the same
way.

I've been smiling all to myself
savoring signs of what's in store...