Re: who's gonna ride letterman's dead horses

>> They've only had one, "Last Night".  Jacksie and Happy? got the video treatment,
>> but no singles (and promo CD5s aren't chart-eligible, so those don't count).

> Aren't we just talking a matter of semantics here? HWM may not have been
> an official single (I still think it was, I may be wrong), but it was
> released to radio stations around the country for airplay. WXRT here in
> Chicago even picked it up for awhile. That's the kind of song I'd play on
> Letterman if invited, a song someone may have heard on the radio.

> Even if it wasn't a single, "Circle Of Quiet" definitely was...

Nope.  Jeff, I know you.
I know you're a bright guy.
Don't make we wallop you with an Erie walleye.

I'm not trying to be flip or twist words or anything, but those weren't singles.
The term "single" doesn't mean it's a featured modern rock track pushed towards
alt/college radio, it means the track has physically been issued on one of the
following single formats: 7", 12", CD3, CD5, or cassette single.

"Circle" was indeed given the push to alt.radio by IRS, and the little gold sticker
on the cover of the reissue was a testament to that.  HDIF and HwM? both had
CD single promos (created for the very purpose of radio push) by IRS.  Neither
were pressed as singles and were (therefore) uneligible to chart.

If "Circle" woulda been pressed in any single format, I'd place bets that I'd have it.
I'm an AVID collector for bands I like, and for some strange reason by brain gets it's
jollies out of obtaining bits and pieces of a band like that.  There are maybe six
artists that I follow this rabidly; I always take each piece of the collecting puzzle
and carefully/recklessly throw them into a stolen milk crate, curiously happy with
myself that I've hunted and collected yet another elusive cheddar wedge from the
proverbial maze.

I guess it's possible it was released; as a conscientious collector, though, I find
it improbable.

Respectfully,
Bruce E. R. Lachey
(Who's in a rare literary-esque mood today)

PS  If I start to say things are "funner" than other things (vs. "more fun"); who's
     gonna stop me?