The Rest

> Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:21:57 EDT
> From: BKKF at aol_com
> Subject: Cornerstone, little OTR content
>
> Sorry for the off topic post but I missed Cornerstone for the first time in 8
> years!!!  Man I'm getting old.  Did anyone see a new band called The Rest?
> Just curious as to what people thought of them.  Kind of an Indigo Girls
> folk/rock kind of thing.  Anyway. That's all.
> brad

Yeah, I caught this.  They had some sound problems, but sounded quite
good.  Not really Indigo Girls influenced, bits of jazz influence
(occassional trumpet work, which was sweet) with a good bit of
alt-country.  The lead singer's got a pretty sweet voice.  And Sarah
Masen helped out on one song, so that was a plus for many ...

Todd.

"Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles
 writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them."
                            - Flannery O'Connor (1925-1964)