Re: one rhinelander's thoughts

Tapping out the messages that signify communion, Jan Kendrick wrote:

> while i didn't see this part
> as
> the most melancholy of the letter,

I really didn't either, but I did see it as the most publicly
melancholy.  Or in other words, the most publicly addressable.
Obviously there are things in their personal lives that we won't be
privy to.  It's just that this particular section seemed geared the most
toward public speculation.

> i did find the whole thing a little...
> sad
> or something.  i could really tell that linford had to make himself sit
> down
> and write it as he says in the beginning.

You too huh?

>  he
> was
> just saying " i don't know if we're heading in the same direction anymore"
> or
> "i can't be what you need for me to be"

Exactly--(don't you love it when someone says that to you?) And that is
a little sad.  It's why I chose to close with the crux of Rhapsodie.  It
just seemed fitting.

> i think that linford was just trying to
> prepare
> his fans--especially the rhinelanders for the change that might occur when
> they tour with cowboy junkies and/or a big label.

This occured to me too, but rather than pose it as a question, I just
threw it in with the statements.  The one thing that made me wonder if
it was really due to the heightened exposure that's sure to come, or if
it was simply to be the band's new modus operandi was his previous
statement about being "deeply confused" about how "intimate" he should
be with fans (my wording).

> it was
> weird.

Yes.