Re: one rhinelander's thoughts

his fans--especially the rhinelanders for the change that might occur when
they tour with cowboy junkies and/or a big label.  i can imagine a rhinelander
letter similar to that being sent out when they opened for bob dylan.  i think
they just wanted everyone to know that they may not be ABLE to be as friendly
and interactive, that's all.

i am glad you said something, mark, because i was going to ask everyone for
more feedback on the letter seeing as how i finally got mine!  i will be
interested to see everyone else's response.  while i didn't see this part as
the most melancholy of the letter, i did find the whole thing a little... sad
or something.  i could really tell that linford had to make himself sit down
and write it as he says in the beginning.   it reminded me of a lover writing
the "let's see other people" letter.  he wasn't saying "i hate you."  he was
just saying " i don't know if we're heading in the same direction anymore" or
"i can't be what you need for me to be" or "i really care about you, but i
have to be free to follow my dreams..."   that kind of thing.  it was weird.
and i did feel like a relationship in my life was changing--not over, but
changing.
they say change is good, right?
jan
np: dar williams, mortal city