Re: Sawyer Point / Linford's Lap

After swatting away the tsetse flies, meboso at engr_uky.edu said:

Hiya, Mike.   Welcome.

>Nevertheless, I have to say that I'm disappointed with things.  I'd like
>to share my thoughts with you in the spirit of respectful open-mindedness
>and meaningful discussion.

LOL  Good one.   ;-)

>The mix should be centered around Karin.

According to you.

>Her voice is the most important thing in that band, period.

According to you.

>It's all about Karin's voice, and it just isn't coming through that way.

According to you.

>The bass was all muddy and Karin's vocals were
>murky and lost at times in the overdone keyboards.  The guitar was
>sloppily out front during solos,

Heaven forbid someone should be up in the mix while soloing.   ;-)

>make it sound great - outdoors, with that huge wall of loudspeakers and
>all that nice equipment - then something is wrong, folks.

Actually, it's usually much harder to make an outdoor show sound good
than an indoor one.   Outside, you have nothing to bounce the sound
off of.  (i.e. walls, etc.)   The soundwaves just radiate out in all
directions.   Rain only worsens things.

It's quite possible that was just a bad night for sound.   The last 4
shows I've been to sounded great, even at Brady's in Kent - the
acoustic of *that* building boggle the mind.

>but there never was a real high point.
>Yes there are some new faces and they're still getting to know each
>other, but I'm talking about ENERGY, and I'm wanting.

What did you think of the new material?

>And it got worse!

*yawn*

>Unbelievable.  What in the wide, wide world of sports was that all
>about???  Hello!  Earth to Band!  We're down here, and we're the reason
>you're there...

This was a perfect opportunity to use the phrase "wide world of
sporks."

>Go Down Easy is a great song, very erotic and evocative, but it's not at
>all the right song to end a set with.

Better than 'Latter Days', which they've done the last N times.

>What do you think?     -MikeB

I think wearing a dress is a great excuse to go commando.

--NP: Over The Rhine - _Eve_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery

Follow-Ups: References: