RE: Christian Rock

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Rick Callender wrote:

> --- "Lawlor, Barry" <Barry.Lawlor@ssa.gov> wrote:
>
> > take a look at what those Christian CCM artists have the gall to do:
> > http://www.corruptchristianmusic.com/home/index.html
>
> Oh, my... I guess Phil Keaggy is now the antichrist. God forbid you ever
> hang out with previous band mates, regardless of whether or not they
> haven't done drugs in decades, and never mind if they're still your
> *friends*.

o wait!

tolkein is an evil demonic person, george macdonald is, CS Lewis, etc etc

better not watch LOTR, don't read Lewis, and don't read MacDonald.

gosh, i'm surprised Madeliene L'Engle is not on the list.

> If Christians are only allowed to hang out with other "Christians," then
> who's left to "save?" Not that the Christian music scene is free from
> corruption (hello Sandy Patti), but that's a pretty wacked site. A bit
> too extreme and off the mark, in my humble opinion. And speaking of
> Sandy Patti, why isn't SHE on the list?

(:  don't know her.

gosh you're smart thouhg.

they keep saying 'Jesus would never....'

bull. who'd he eat dinner with?

those drunks, prostitues and sinners. and they were coarse ungoldy people
that he LOVED. so he reached out.

can you categorize truth? no, but this site seems to try.

etc.

> Off my soapbox and waiting for punches to fly, bink

can't - i've got this huge beam in my way....

rhys

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.