Re: Over the Rhine - vintage vinyl ??

At 06:34 AM 10/30/2003 -0800, DustyVolume wrote:
I do have a question though.  Is the current LP truly analog, or were the
masters digital and then pressed into vinyl?  Or does that make a difference to
the purists?

on CD's, you used to see a little logo, like AAD or DDD...
this stood for how it was recorded, mixed, and then mastered

so you can record analog or digital, mix either way, and then for cd it would have to be a digital master

now, why this was dropped, or rarely used anymore, i don't know...

but, LP is an analog format...so it's no longer a digital (1's and 0's) kind of mix...

from the way the album is described in the cd insert, I'd say they recorded and mixed the album using analog technology.  So, the LP would just be a full analog project.  Anybody else know on this?

--Jonathan Dix