About a Dog.

Yes, she's cute and fluffy, and yes, she chews everything she can get
into her mouth. When she's not crated, I have to check on her every 45
seconds to two minutes or so to make sure she's not destroying a pattern,
a toile, a pencil, a shoe, a cat. I'm lucky, though-- it used to be every
15 to 30 seconds.

But I have a small problem. The breeder, Lacy (www.sweetcollies.com),
gave her what was meant to be a temporary name-- something to distinguish
her from her seven brothers and sisters. She decided, since the puppy has
patches of fur the colour of a certain drink, to name her Kahlua. Me, I
don't drink. Not big on alcohol. You see where this is going.

I'm looking for something perhaps Scottish in origin, like Collies
themselves are. I was thinking of the Scots Gaelic word for dolphin or
otter, because of the way she jumps and wriggles. Or wolf, because that's
what she looks like now, before her coat's come in. Or something about
blue, because she's a Blue Merle. But I'm having rotten luck finding
anything truly euphonious. I most often call her Clue for short, now, and
I wouldn't mind something that'd let me keep that as a nickname. But I'm
wide open to suggestion.

Her full name will be Sweet's Dark'n'Stormy, as her sire was a
mostly-black tri-colour Collie, and her mother another Blue Merle
call-named Stormy, and because a Dark'n'Stormy is a Bermudian drink, and
I've spent much time in my life on the island. And I don't mind keeping
the name of a drink as her show name, because I'll never really call her
that. Hell, I may never even show her.

But if anything leaps to anyone's mind, O great and creative souls that
y'all are, do let me know, okay? I'll give you a puppy biscuit!

Obligatory Visual Aid:

http://homepage.mac.com/ysobelle/Kahlua/PhotoAlbum7.html