Re: About a Dog.

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> I'm looking for something perhaps Scottish in origin, like Collies
> themselves are. I was thinking of the Scots Gaelic word for dolphin or
> otter, because of the way she jumps and wriggles. Or wolf, because
> that's what she looks like now, before her coat's come in. Or something
> about blue, because she's a Blue Merle. But I'm having rotten luck
> finding anything truly euphonious. I most often call her Clue for short,
> now, and I wouldn't mind something that'd let me keep that as a
> nickname. But I'm wide open to suggestion.

so i wrote my adopted aunt in ireland and this's what she says...

even though you've probly named her by now, just had to throw tthese out
there.

wolf: madadh-alluidh

(madadh means dog of any kind)

otter: madadh-donn
fox: madadh-ruadh ( il like just plain ruadh - means somethin glike Red)

what really comes to mind  (though it's not MY job to name her)

meadhrach: . glad, joyful, festive, lively

sounds something like Maydrrachhh

> But if anything leaps to anyone's mind, O great and creative souls that
> y'all are, do let me know, okay? I'll give you a puppy biscuit!

how about kittie treats? my kitten misses her big friend

it was just time - he couldn't get around any more and kept squeaking at
me to make it better.

rhys

--
End hunger