Re: What's everybody reading?

I have to say me too. That pisses me off that they
would change any of the launguage. I mean, it is no
like we Americans speak a different language than the
English. Sure, a different diaolouge of English, but
we can understand eachother dagnabit! Why would anyone
do this? Was it an authoral decission or a
publishing/corporate idiot decision? The only reason
IK can think of is because it is supposedly a
childrens book, therefore they wanted to make it
easier for children to understand, but this still sets
with me wrong.

enterprises at yahoo_com> wrote:

> First of all, Don, should I ever decide to read the
> Harry Potter saga, you have singlehandedly ensured
> that I will go to the expence of getting the UK
> printings off ebay or amazon.uk rather than the
> american editions.
>
> Today, I have also ordered "Hammers And Nails,"
> Matthew Dickerson's biography of Mark Heard
> recounting interviews with those closest to him as
> well as excerpts from his journals and lyrics.
>
> Other than that, or, perhaps, reflective of it, I'm
> in the mood to read something mythic. Which makes me
> think I'll take a look at the Epic of Gilgamesh or
> Seamus Heaney's interpretation of Beowulf.
>

> Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
> Bigwig Enterprises
>
> http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

> design software

=====
 And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler