Re: My heart is racing like a car out of gas

--- Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Does anyone else think the lyric "My head is spinning like a
> broken record
> player" doesn't make that much sense?  Do broken record
> players typically
> spin faster??  Or not at all?
>
> Ah a ah.
> Ah a ah - aaah.
> Ah a ah.
> Ah a ah - aaaaaah,

faster or slower, it still just spins, and spins, and spins..
i've always pictured one of those players that you'd put the
album down, move the one arm over and the player would take it
from there..

*click*
*record drops*
*arm moves back*
*needle arm moves forward*
*needle drops*
*record plays*

my head's spinning like a broken record player
come and drop the needle, drop it down on me
steal me from this jaded god-forsaken place
write some new lines on my face

that's one of the coolest metaphors i've ever heard in a song.

michelle

~ i haven't had a 'record player' since i was in 7th or 8th
grade so excuse my not knowing proper names of the arms and what
not.