Re: TV or not TV

It's not people like you who the anti TV movemnet is
against. It is against those who, that's all they do,
Watch TV. A little brain candy is perfectly find, but
as long as it is in moderation. Just as long as people
use thier brains.

--- "Lawlor, Barry" <Barry.Lawlor at ssa_gov> wrote:
> John wrote:
>
> >>I used to limit my tv watching to only the new
> episodes of the The
> >>Simpsons. Now, being a homeowner and with my wife
> preggers, I don't >>have
> time for *any* tv. It feels great.
>
> I am curious to know why there seems to be an
> anti-tv movement not just here
> on the list, but in general.  TV is fun.  I work
> hard (ok...I work), I study
> and read and when my brain can't take anymore I turn
> on the TV.
> Sportscenter, Sitcoms, etc...  Brain Candy? Maybe.
> But, I don't think that
> not watching TV is the sign of a higher level of
> "being" as I have heard
> others espouse (I also want to say that I am not
> pointing this at anyone in
> particular and I'm just using John's e-mail as a
> launching board for my
> question).  Why is TV watching such a bad thing?  Is
> it worse/better than
> surfing the net?  Hanging out at a bar?
>
> out here,
> Barry

=====
 And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler