knee jerk dixie chicks....

Perry wrote:

>>I find I have greater respect for them for not being just another
>>knee-jerk "patriotic country band." Those girls have moxie, pride for
>>their country, and moxie to boot.

I was going to stay out of this, but I am a Dixie Chicks fan and have all
but their new album (which I will eventually get when the price goes down
and I have money).  So what is being said that it is okay to be just another
knee-jerk unpatriotic fill in the blank????  Is that the what I'm
reading....double standards?  The only thing that I think the Dixie Chicks
did wrong was to apologize....if they truly felt that way (and they were
taken in context) then why apologize?  There is where I lost respect for
them....not because they were stating their beliefs.  They support the
troops...they don't like Bush....was it the right timing...ehh....who am I.
I realize that the did *have* to apologize for their statement and I give
her (or whoever wrote the apology) credit for not really backing down from
her beliefs, but isn't what they did/said just as knee-jerk as being
patriotic the other way?
I'm tired of all the double standards.  I have a friend who was *out* of the
Marines who joined a reserve unit under 1 condition; this condition was that
he would see active duty and be able to relieve some of the other Marines
over there.  He just got a new job and was almost finished with his MA.  I
don't know what this has to do with anything, but whatever side of the fence
you sit on this thing; right now it is about supporting those who are over
there and hoping they come back soon.  I support Bush.  I want my friend
back home today.  Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Sorry for the rant....it has been building up and is not directed at anyone
specifically.  We *all* want the same thing.  We want our troops to be home
with their families and friends and to be safe.

out here with a knee jerk response,
Barry