Re: going to hell in a handbasket and you don't give a shit, because you're more concerned that i used the word shit than sending people to hell

It's interesting for me to note how when Little Blue River was still just LBR
and not Little Blue River/In the Garden, Karin would often sing "so damn hand
to mouth", but once she started to incorporate the hymn, she dropped the curse.
 I can't say I've ever heard her sing both in the same version--Anyone?

Secondly, with Give me Strength, I noticed she dropped "shit" from the Cutting
Room Floor cut of the song.

In my opinion, both these examples make good sense.  It doesn't seem right to
use the explitive "damn" just before this beautiful hymn about how much faith
you have in Jesus Christ; and with GMS, the piano version is just so pretty and
has such a different mood than the fully produced version, it seems almost
distacting to throw in such a "shitty" word--it ruins the soft mood that she's
already setting with the song.

Btw, Angel rocked tonight--I burst out laughing when that little kid recited
his poem.  I almost thought for a minute that Over the Rhine had risen to Nsync
fame within the Angel Universe.

Just thoughts,
Mark

Dan wrote:
> People... words are words.  Intent is what should be weighed.

=====
"Wisdom has two parts: Having a lot to say and not saying it."--from a Dove Promises foil