Re: My Way vs. Yesterday

Kelvin Bailey wrote:

>From: "E Geist" <i_scoobysnak at yahoo_com>
>

>>i guess i hear diana krall (sp?) or harry conick or
>>norah jones or what i hear as "sinatra-type music,"
>>and it sounds generic/antiseptic to me at times.  but
>>that's just my ear -
>>

>Well, I guess you could consider those folks "sinatra-type" in the same
>sense that you could consider the Vines or Blink 182 "Beatles-type"...or at
>least the way I see it.  And they sound pretty generic/antiseptic to me.  I
>think that's what happens when you have quality music that everyone wants to
>imitate.

Harry Connick entertains me from time to time, but I don't ever really
listen to his music on purpose, if you catch my drift.

Norah Jones, on the other hand...bores me to tears.  I saw the video
for...whatever her current single is, and it did NOTHING for me.  The
Run D.M.C. mini-marathon that followed a few hours later was much
better, and I didn't even perticularly like them.  (speaking of which,
shame that.  I mean, I understand things happening to Easy E and the ol'
2-Pack Shaker - they were pretty well the epitome of gansta' rap.  Run
DMC, on the other hand, seemed to be rather peaceful guys and genuinely
musical.

>Anyone else remember when the Knack was supposed to be the "next Beatles"?

Nope, sorry.  I just get to hear about the "next Nirvana" or perhaps the
"next Radiohead" if I'm lucky.

-Smitty the Klub Kiddie (now listening to "New Way Home")

(More consciousness to stream at you:  Does liking South Park make me a
bad person?  I truly think the show is some of the best satire on TV
these days.  Most other shows stick with "safe" topics, while South Park
makes it a point to make people uneasy, and I love the show for it.)

Over, out, zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz