Re: My Way vs. Yesterday

From: "E Geist" <i_scoobysnak at yahoo_com>

> i guess i hear diana krall (sp?) or harry conick or
> norah jones or what i hear as "sinatra-type music,"
> and it sounds generic/antiseptic to me at times.  but
> that's just my ear -

Well, I guess you could consider those folks "sinatra-type" in the same
sense that you could consider the Vines or Blink 182 "Beatles-type"...or at
least the way I see it.  And they sound pretty generic/antiseptic to me.  I
think that's what happens when you have quality music that everyone wants to
imitate.

Anyone else remember when the Knack was supposed to be the "next Beatles"?

> cool sig, by the way... there's a part in the kerouac
> documentary (which i highly recommend, if you haven't
> seen it) where herbert huncke takes credit for having
> introduced jack to sinatra's music.  so i guess i
> can't argue with kerouac and huncke, ri'???  ;)

No, you can't. :P

kb