Re: poptarts with a twist of lennon

In a message dated 8/14/02 12:02:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
petert at interchange_ubc.ca writes:

<< > Japanese military killed over 6 million Chinese, Koreans, Fillipinos,
 > Indochinese and western prisoners of war between 1970 - 1980

 Eh?  Did the Japanese even *have* a military in that decade? >>

ack,
I must have deleted a line in my final check somehow. After *between* this
should have read "from the invasion of China in 1937 to the end of
World War II" Don't remember what 1970-80 was in reference to.  Sorry about
that.
In this number is around 138,000 POW's.  I don't know how many of the number
toll was due to deaths from massive forced labor.  One estimate I read put
the toll up to 300,000 to build the Burma-Thailand railroad.

kevin (now back to another 10 hours or so after having already put in 8...)