Re: Seattle

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Chad and Keisha Brown wrote:
> I'm not the best with words but here's a short review of the incredibly
> awesome Seattle show...

Thank you, Keisha, for the review!  I take notes at so many movies I kind
of refuse to do so at concerts, since I'm there just, and I mean just, to
enjoy myself.  :)

Has it really been two weeks since the concert already?  Oy.  Life has
been busy.

> Before the show I got to chat with fellow listee Peter Chatteroy, very
> nice guy!

Aw, shucks.  :)

Likewise, of course.  (Well, except you're not a guy, obviously.)

> The opening band, The Pinetops? (or something like that...) was
> definately not my preference of music, but they were good for a
> bluegrass band. Anyways...

I don't do bluegrass as a rule, myself, but I liked this particular band
quite a bit.

> *Jesus in New Orleans- First time I heard this one. Love it of course
> but was bummed that Linford had to leave his accordion at home because
> of "too much baggage on the plane."

Oh man.  Those stories about the airport were terrifying.  Stories about
entrusting your property to total strangers are *always* terrifying.
Especially when you depend on that property to make a living.

> *Green Clouded Swallowtail-- Karin said that Linford was going through a
> book of butterflies and landed on this one, the song turned out to
> eventually be about his mom.

They performed this when I saw them at Cornerstone 2000, too.  Is this one
of those songs that will just never make it onto a record somehow?

> *I Radio Heaven- stripped down and wonderful.

Agreed.

> *Little Blue River-- This song was probably my tear-jerker of the night.
> Absolutely beautiful... Does anyone else really feel the Lord moving
> through this one?

I generally don't use expressions like this, but if you mean what I think
you mean, then, yes.

> *Give Me Strength-- I love this!

Was it this song or 'The World Can Wait' that basically consisted of just
Karin and a keyboard?  Or was it both?  (My memory's toast.)  In any case,
I very much liked the new, stripped-down version of it (or them).