Re: a few things

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Dusty Volume wrote:
> The way I see it, all the things you are saying are equal.  A person can
> not like the film *and* think it bad, because everyone has subjective
> definitions of what good and bad are.

Hmmm.  Ever since it came out, I have told people that _A.I. Artificial
Intelligence_ is "a mess of a film, but such an interesting mess."  There
is no way I can reduce the film to statements like "I like it" or "it's a
bad film" without misrepresenting it somehow, but if there was any film
that might prompt me to make both statements, that might be it.

Then again, maybe I *don't* like it, but I think it's a *good* film for
all the questions it raises and all the thoughts it provokes.  Hmmm.