Seattle

Hello all! I'm so impressed Steve that you remebered me! I feel honored! I'm not the best with words but here's a short review of the incredibly awesome Seattle show...

    Before the show I got to chat with fellow listee Peter Chatteroy, very nice guy! It was good to finally meet someone off the list from our neck of the woods.

    The opening band, The Pinetops? (or something like that...) was definately not my preference of music, but they were good for a bluegrass band. Anyways...

    Karin looked stunning as usual in a red top and hair up. (That's all I can remeber fashion-wise, sorry!) She seemed very tired mentioning before the set that it was "2:00 where I'm from, so I'm going to ease into this evening..."
*Go Down Easy was the first song which was so cool because I haven't heard this one since they came through Spokane a couple years ago to play a few numbers from GDBD to promote the album.
*Bothered
    After this one Linford mentioned that he was talking to some people before the show that said they were going to "form a committee to try and get us to move out here... we could probably be convinced."
*Anything at All- Karin mentioned that this was a song about touring and how they had been touring over ten years now, to which she sighed and said, "I don't know..."
*Jesus in New Orleans- First time I heard this one. Love it of course but was bummed that Linford had to leave his accordion at home because of "too much baggage on the plane." It sure would have added such a nice touch on it! (My dad's and accordion player so I have a soft spot for the squeeze box...) He also mentioned that they were "trying to make another record or two this summer."
*Green Clouded Swallowtail-- Karin said that Linford was going through a book of butterflies and landed on this one, the song turned out to eventually be about his mom.
*I Radio Heaven- stripped down and wonderful.
*Little Blue River-- This song was probably my tear-jerker of the night. Absolutely beautiful... Does anyone else really feel the Lord moving through this one?
*All I Need is Everything-- Linford talks about how their staying at the Travelodge..."hairdryers and scary bears."
*Holy Rain-- Karin explains how Jack met Linford "one whiskey soaked, cigar smoked night." Jack really did an awesome job. I love this song.
*The World Can Wait-- Loved this new version! Especially the "Whoa.." stuff at the end.
*Ohio-- Karin talks about how she started playing piano because her grandma made her and her bad experience at a recital where her boyfriend was at. She also said how she had met an old friend from school that she hadn't seen in a long time earlier that evening.
*Jack's Valentine-- they opened this one up saying, "This is our comedy act number, really it's not, but sometimes it is." and how somebody had came up to Linford after a show and had said, "I love that comedy act you got going there!" After the song, in response to Jack's guitar at the end, Karin said, "We have somebody on the digest list that said "Does Jack really mean to do that?"
*Miles-- Karin explains how their equipment, (the keyboard and guitar amp) were dropped, but when plugged in they all seemed to be working fine...

Encore

*Give Me Strength-- I love this!
*Orphan Girl-- Karin spoke too soon because Jack's amp when dead on this one and he started dancing, to which Linford said, "I guess we have comedy act number 2."
*Like A Radio/Ain't No Sunshine-- Karin's voice was absolutely breathtaking... I'm sure Jack would have sounded awesome on this one, but she could have sang it all by herself and would have still blew me away... amazing...

    Anyways, the show was great!!! They seemed more talkative than usual which was good. It's been a week from today and I'm already anxiously awaiting the next show, just can't get enough of 'em I guess.

Take care,
Keisha