Re: Re: New Alanis

On 1/30/02 1:27 PM, quoth the effervescent prestokelvo at yahoo_com at
prestokelvo at yahoo_com:

>If you're talking about burning a copy from another
>cd, that's perfectly legal.  That would fall under the
>same law that says its legal to make a tape of a song
>or album for yourself or a friend, as long as no money
>is made and as long as the copy is made from the
>original.

Technically, from what I've heard, it's not. I've had this debate several
times already, and the laws are incredibly technical and contradictory--
which is why this is still a debate-- but "fair use" doesn't always mean
what you think it'd mean.