Re: Downloading debate

in my critical theory class we have been going through structuralism and if
we were to hold to that standard we would simply say that the author and
their consent doesn't rightly matter anyway...they don't ow any sort of
rights to their work because it is not really theirs, it is simply a new
sign that was created in following with a system of signs allready in place,
it (the musical piece) is just a byproduct of its enviroment and has nothing
to do with expressing a "unique" - there are no such things in structuralism
- thought the author had by themselves.

sorry if this confuses anyone or if i severly misrepresented structuralism -
criticism is kinda new to me