Re: Re: Nine Inch Nails and other sundries

On 1/25/02 12:53 AM, quoth the effervescent Gilhamilton at aol_com at
Gilhamilton at aol_com:

>Well, keeping in mind what I just said above I would see any talent the man
>has as coming from God whether he acknowledges it or not and could praise
>that and his dedication to that talent and I do take great joy in listening
>to many musicians who are not Christian by seeing music this way but at the
>same time I also try to listen to artists who are, in some way, trying to
>bring healing into a sick world.

By which I trust you are not saying only Christians can bring healing
into the world?

Also, since none of us here know Trent personally (though I think I know
people who do), and even though I know I probably shouldn't say this
here, saying that his talent coems from G-d "whether he acknowledges it
or not" seems to be stepping over the bounds of someone else's personal
theology. Praising someone's work as coming from G-d/Christ/whomever
seems, to me, to be viewing them through a worldview they themselves may
not espouse.

And having said THAT, I think it'd be lovely if we could avoid having
this, too, turn into another Christian theology discussion. It's been so
nice and inclusive lately here.

One NIN note I have to add is that the video for "The Perfect Drug" makes
me deliciously crazy: equal parts Gorey and Coppola's Dracula with a
kickin' beat. And Trent himself is just inexcusably hot, especially in
that glorious frock coat.