Re: Re: Nine Inch Nails and other sundries

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> Also, since none of us here know Trent personally (though I think I know
> people who do), and even though I know I probably shouldn't say this
> here, saying that his talent coems from G-d "whether he acknowledges it
> or not" seems to be stepping over the bounds of someone else's personal
> theology. Praising someone's work as coming from G-d/Christ/whomever
> seems, to me, to be viewing them through a worldview they themselves may
> not espouse.

Um, so?  How different would this be from saying that all talent is just a
byproduct of evolutionary forces, whether we acknowledge it or not?

I don't see how it's *possible* to have a worldview without conflicting
with someone else's worldview at some point.  And worldviews are precisely
that -- ways of viewing the *world*, which inevitably entails viewing
other people who happen to exist within that world, as well.