Re: okay...I'll join in...

katy at madscientist_co.uk wrote:

> > i remember dryve.
> > and i enjoy them.
> > they fit in with those bands that were on fiveminutewalk at the time.
> > dime store prophets anyone?
> > i love the dime store prophets...

Dryve and Dime Store Prophets were good, but I wish I'd settled for the live
tracks on the Five Minute sampler.  I purchased DSP's second CD and was
disappointed.  It lacked power.  Definitely a band that was better live.

Troy adds:
>both very good bands.  i was quite sad when both of them called it
>quits.  one of my favorite concerts was a triple bill with _dryve_,
>_dime store prophets_, and _black-eyed sceva_.

I saw 'em both (Dryve and DSP) on a quadruple bill with Five Iron Frenzy and
the Electrics at a local water park.  (5 minute packaged tours all the time,
appparently.)  I believe that FFF are the only band from this bunch stll
active.  Masaki, on the other hand, went on to become a producer?  I believe
that the last time I saw him mentioned was as producer of a Rivulets and
Violets CD.  Does anyone know if he did anything after that?