Re: okay...I'll join in...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Mesina" <soberman_69 at hotmail_com>
To: <over-the-rhine at actwin_com>
Sent: donderdag 13 december 2001 7:47
Subject: Re: okay...I'll join in...

> katy at madscientist_co.uk wrote:
> > >
> > > i remember dryve.
> > > and i enjoy them.
> > > they fit in with those bands that were on fiveminutewalk at the time.
> > > dime store prophets anyone?
> > > i love the dime store prophets...
>
> Dryve and Dime Store Prophets were good, but I wish I'd settled for the
live
> tracks on the Five Minute sampler.  I purchased DSP's second CD and was
> disappointed.  It lacked power.  Definitely a band that was better live.
>
> Troy adds:
> >both very good bands.  i was quite sad when both of them called it
> >quits.  one of my favorite concerts was a triple bill with _dryve_,
> >_dime store prophets_, and _black-eyed sceva_.
>
> I saw 'em both (Dryve and DSP) on a quadruple bill with Five Iron Frenzy
and
> the Electrics at a local water park.  (5 minute packaged tours all the
time,
> appparently.)  I believe that FFF are the only band from this bunch stll
> active.  Masaki, on the other hand, went on to become a producer?  I
believe
> that the last time I saw him mentioned was as producer of a Rivulets and
> Violets CD.  Does anyone know if he did anything after that?

I don't know if this has been answered yet ( I have to wotk my way through
206  posts after this one to get by) and I don't know when Masaki produced
Rivulets and Violets (never heard of) but I do know he produced all of FiF's
albums. Probably also their newest which is out just a few weeks ago.

Mark