Re: teletery (was Re: suckburgh)

Michael Cade wrote:

>  >--- bigLight <biglight at pacbell_net> wrote:

> Sorry you'll be late for the Chicago show, would could have enjoyed a
> Starbuck's before the show together, capitalist beverage though it is ;-)

There isn't a proletariat coffee shop near Schuba's? ;) Southport
People's Coffee? Mugs with red stars on them... In the summer they sell
the Che Frappe...

> I'm not such a TV is evil and is the devil's tool etc as Liesel seems to
> be.  But I certainly look at most of it as a total mind drain.  I view
> it more as a time waste.  It seems in my life, stuff just is never
> done.  I always seem to be falling behjind in what needs to get done
> now, much less if I spent several hours a week watching TV.

Yeah, I'm not so sure it's *evil* so much as *unhealthy.* As funny as
some t.v. shows are, I just think it's healthier to have *real* friends
as opposed to Must See TV Friends...

Ever since I gave up the boob tube, I haven't missed it at all. My wife and I read books and snuggle.

We eat dinner together and converse. When we want to watch something, we'll rent a film

( I just saw 'Citizen Kane" for the first time ever... so good!)

But usually we don't watch anything at all... and I do have so much m
ore time to have my real life rather than watching someone have a life
for me.

Ever since I quite watching t.v., I've not had that feeling of
embarrasment of watching someone make an idiot of themselves b/c they
weren't honest, or were trying, without cause, to "save someone's
feelings," or to impress someone.

-John

np- John Lennon: Ascot

--