Re: Thinking out loud

Acidroz at aol_com wrote:

> Now post as offensive, IMO, are being sent to the list by WS.

Yes, I was wondering, to the list in general: can we agree as a group
that when someone like WS posts material that is beyond the pale like
that that instead of starting a big debate (and I'm as guilty of
responding to WS-style bait as anyone), we just hit the "delete" key?
With no moderator, no one person ahs the authority to remove such
posters from the list, but we can effectively produce the same result by
agreeing not to gratify ugliness with a response other than "goodbye."

Note that I'm not talking about common disagreement here: there are
several listess with whom I disagree on political or religious matters
(Kelvin, for e.g.) but who are civil and loving about it, and with whom
I am *happy* to discuss our differences. (Kelvin is a fine gentleman,
kinder than I often am). I'm not referring to those kinds of
disagreements. I'm referring to those which, by being allowed on the
board, would serve to further embarass OTR-- ones that contain hatred,
racism, etc, or those which reveal by their content that the person
posting is not doing so out a of a desire to foster community, love, and
to join in our great ongoing coonversation. It isn't usually difficult
to tell the difference, I think.

Just a suggestion.

-John

--
In the electoral campaign, President Bush named as the most important

  -  Slavoj Zizek, "Welcome To The Desert Of The Real II: Reflections on
WTC"