Re: jury duty

--- LikeTheQuiche at aol_com wrote:
> Anyone ever been summoned for the duty?
>
> I've been 'honored'

twice, but i was in europe both times...the second
time there was an attached letter stating the
consequences of blowing jury duty off...my mother
called for me and they said that i had to call, so i
placed the long distance call (the things i do for my
country, germany's international rates are out of
control) and ended up getting a phone tree and never
speaking to a human being.  i sent a letter explaining
to checkout the bundespost stamp and understand why i
would not be there.  i never heard a thing after
that...i may very well have a warrant out for my
arrest -- oh the drama of it if i did.

how does jury duty work w/ regards to pay while you're
away from work...does the court pay you, does one's
employers have to pay anyways, or what?  because if
you make the same amount, well can you volunteer for
jury duty?  i wouldn't mind a week or two out of the
office.

btw, likethequiche:  likethename -- you clever boy!

liesel

=====
"stories & cigarettes have ruined the lives of lesser girls"
p. yorn